Monday 3 October 2011

Day Zero Project - Meeting David Tennant



When I began my list for the Day Zero Project, putting tasks that were beyond completing was something I considered to make it more of a challenge.  When I put that I would like to meet David Tennant, (Dr Who, Harry Potter, Casanova) never in my wildest dreams did I think it would be something I would cross off my list!
  But yesterday was the day it happened.  I am a bit of a geek, so have attended a few of these exhibitions in the past.  They are always fun and full of similar geeks, many of which take it too far and dress as their idols!  I have seen many a wizard, Avatar model, Darth Vader, Storm Trooper, Doctor Who and even a walking Tardis, floating around these events! 
  I just happened to stumble across the next event, and couldn't believe my eyes when it mentioned David Tennant would be doing photo shoots with the public!  He is one of my all time heroes, an amazing actor and someone who I also definetely fancy! So it was a no brainer for me to go straight on the booking form, and thank goodness this was before I lost my job as it cost me £35!
  I still did not believe I would be crossing this off my list as it seemed too good to be true, but it wasn't until an hour before I met him that it really sank in!  The nerves kicked and I felt physically sick!  I took my little boy in with me for moral support as Dean did not have a ticket, and I almost hyperventilated in the queue!  The staff were great as they could see I was so nervous, and as I approached my hero everything went by in a blur!
  I remember him putting his arm around me so I did the same to him and as the camera clicked, I remember thinking - OMG HE IS TOUCHING ME!!  He said hello but it was literally take the photo and move along!  However, I didn't have a ticket for my son, but Mr Tennant being the amazing man that he is, bent down to my son's level and had a chat with him!  Ugh, I was so jealous!  My son was dressed as Darth Vader so of course, a big talking point, and managed to squeeze two photos out with the former Doctor and I was forever grateful!
  So, in less than a minute it was all over and then I did the stupid fanatic thing, and waited outside the photo shoot area for him to finish!  He had already walked past me on the way in, which I was oblivious to because I was too busy wondering why the security guard was asking me to step aside!  My fiance will tell you that  I then proceeded to follow David Tennant, along with other fans, to the autograph area, little did we knoe that he was going to the toilet!  So, here I was waiting for him outside the Gents, not knowing why I was doing that, only for me to get a glimpse of him coming out!
  Anyway, we had to wait about four hours for the photos to be developed, which was a bit of a nighmare as we were ready to go home.  But it was worth the wait, as not only did I have a lovely glossy picture of me and my hero, I also had 2 glossy photos of David Tennant with my son!  And I got those two for free!  So the £35 fee was worth it and I would like to thank the photographer and the man himself, Mr Tennant for the time, effort and amount of smiles he had to fix in order to make alot of people's dreams come true.







9 comments:

  1. so luck this woman and child is, i wish i could do the same. I really want to meet David with all my heart and soul. Shame i can't cross that off my list! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, maybe one day u will meet him! X

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lucky lady you are. He is a truly gorgeous man and such a gent to involve your son too. DT is one of the people whom I'd love to meet too. I'm so jealous x

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are very lucky, and he is a very compassionate man as we all know. He took the extra time out so you both could get pictures. I'm glad you had a good time, though i'm sorry you lost your job.

    Remember after this, THINGS CAN ONLY GET BETTER.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you guys! i realise how lucky i truly am! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great story and your son is a cutey pie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh wow! Fab post! I don't have anything this exciting on my day zero list haha

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great photos! Further evidence that David Tennant is a thoroughly lovely chap.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really enjoyed reading this post - so glad you had this dream come true. Put a smile on my face. Feel dead chuffed for you.

    ReplyDelete