Friday 15 July 2011

Becoming a juggler!! (an old post, as yet un-published!)



I was inspired today to write a blog about my hectic lifestyle - if you think this will be glamour, glitter and goregousness, think again!!
  I want to re-name my job title, just like most mothers, as a juggler.
Definition - "Juggling" may be used metaphorically, like "multi-tasking," to mean constantly refocusing attention among responsibilities, such as in the title of Juggling Work and Family. [2][3]
 
My responsibilities at the moment are working at a restaurant, working as a nursery assistant, being a mummy, home maker and having time for my family and friends!! This definitely justifies the above definition in my eyes. 
  A typical day for me is getting up to take my son to school who is two bus rides there, getting two bus rides back home, doing the housework or working as a nursery assistant, doing the shopping, getting two bus rides back to pick my son up and another two bus rides to get home, putting the dinner on, going to work at the restaurant and home again!!
  8 bus rides a day is tiring in itself but totally worth it to get my son the best education.  My jobs are important to me and having the money means I can support my family.  I have worked hard to gain my confidence back after having a rough ride over the years so to be able to juggle everything in my life is actually quite rewarding and not very often do i moan about it unless i am having an extremely tiring day!!
  So where do i get the time to begin my main ambition which is to be a writer?  That is the title I am aiming for, and there will be a lot of hard work put into getting it.  Its hard to find the motivation at the end of a long day, when all I want to do is relax in front of the tv!!  Some days I have more time to do writing than others but even then, I set out to do something productive but end up gettig distracted by something else!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment