Monday 27 June 2011

INSPIRATION WEEK IS HERE AT LAST!!

Welcome to Inspiration Week, here on my blog. 

There will be seven days worth of ideas, pictures, posts and blogs on the things that inspire me and you, with the help of my followers and friends.  I hope you will gain inspiration from this week, so would love to hear from you if you do, and please pass on my blog address to anyone else you feel may enjoy reading it!

in·spi·ra·tion/ˌinspəˈrāSHən/Noun
1. The process of being mentally stimulated to do or feel something, esp. to do something creative: "flashes of inspiration".
2. The quality of having been so stimulated, esp. when evident in something: "a moment of inspiration in an otherwise dull display".  

 My biggest inspirations:  Part One:

Probably an obvious choice for those that grew up in the 80s, like me but now I am in my late twenties, and still Madonna inspires me to be myself, dress how I want and not care about anything negative.  I used to love the way she reinvented herself constantly, and I feel I still put this into practise within myself.  My attitude towards life is definitely to rebel, (within reason) and if someone says you cannot do something, I will always do the opposite!!  I am not one of these people that would ever turn around and say I am like this because Madonna did it, but she has definetely instilled something in me that has made me who I am today, be it from her music, reinventions or attitude.  I have every one of her albums including compilations, remixes and DVDs, old school posters (remember Smash Hits?!), limited edition box sets and even a Madonna clock made out of vinyl, so you could say I have taken my fixation with her a little too far, but thats the fun of it!!  Madonnas music is pure brilliance, although some people may argue this, but there is no denying that even when there is not a Madonna track in the charts, her music lives through other peoples works, and in this day and age I would say Lady Gaga, Katy Perry and Britney Spears are proof of this - what more inspiraton from one woman could you want?!!

Now from a little inspiration from one of my good friends, Gavin Stone, on what inspires him:

Inspiration is what leads people to do grea things in their lives.  It's why our world is the way it is today, for example, without the inspiration from birds, no one would have thought of building a plane.  Inspiration comes from different things depending on the person,whether your writing a song, deciding what career to choose or finding the right way to tell someone you love them.  Personally, I cannot put my inspiration or anyone elses down to one thing, it keeps us individual and creative in our own way.

On tomorrows blog: Inspired by music.......

No comments:

Post a Comment